Andy Romain's Resume
A Search Engine Optimization Consultant with strong technical skills, excellent communication skills and a history of success.
- Professional SEO Expertise
- Experienced in website management and analysis using an assortment of tools
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems.
- Excellent organizational, writing and communication skills
- Highly effective in communication on project development, timelines, and results.
Get in Touch!
Romain Marketing, Toronto, ON
April 2018 – Present
Senior SEO Specialist
- Monthly and bespoke SEO Services
Romain Marketing, Toronto, ON
May 2016 – Present
- Monthly and bespoke SEO Consulting
Intuit Canada, Mississauga, ON
October 2016 – April 2018
- Very hands-on SEO Manager for QuickBooks Canada
- Worked on dozens of SEO, content, and web development projects including two redesigns, four domain migrations, and four server migrations personally creating or generating over 2’000 files and 3.98 GB of data, digital assets, analytical work, and directives.
- SEO for a company the size of Intuit isn’t a one-person effort, with that said, I was a vital member of the digital acquisition and marketing team responsible for a:
- 122% (2.22x) increase in SEO signups from the start of my contract to Q2 2018 for a mature well-known product.
- 57% (1.57x) increase in lucrative short-tail high converting traffic. From 143k unique organic visitors from Google.ca in Jan 2017 to 225k in Jan 2018.
- 1’810% (19x) increase in long-tail top of funnel blog content traffic. From 2k unique organic visitors per month from Google.ca in Jan 2016, to 9k in Jan 2017, to 42k in Jan 2018.
Digital Marketing Agency, Toronto, ON
July 2016 – October 2016
Senior SEO Specialist
- Completed a 50 page SEO Audit for one of Canada’s leading insurance and financial rate comparison sites that impressed our client’s team including their CEO
- Converted recommendations from the website review into tasks with priorities, responsibilities, statuses and notes for web development and marketing teams
- Led a presentation that demonstrated how our client could realistically increase organic traffic and revenue from organic traffic by 28-110% in seven to twelve months based on my experience, their web analytics data and the room for growth.
- Worked to resolve canonicalization issues for an international sports betting website that uses AngularJS
Advertising Agency, Vaughan, ON
August 2015 – April 2016
- I was the lone SEO expert at an advertising agency north of Toronto
- Completed keyword research projects to verify and prioritize the most valuable keywords to target
- Completed thorough SEO Site Audits
- Restructured website architectures to improve crawlability, indexability, and internal linking.
- Raised organizational awareness with regards to link building and modernized the link building program
- Increased the CTR of Non-Branded Organic Traffic by an average of 6 percentage points or 107%
- Increased the Organic Position of Non-Branded Search Terms by an average of 6 positions
Digital Media Agency, Toronto, ON
October 2014 – July 2015
- I was responsible for link acquisition for large entertainment companies in the United States, Canada and Europe.
- My primary responsibilities included link building, outreach and monthly reporting.
- Increased organic search traffic for many of our clients through the acquisition of unique, high-quality backlinks.
- Delivered new insight into revenue from organic search traffic and mobile statistics in SEO reporting to our clients.
- Provided well-received recommendations to our content writer
Internet Marketing Company, Toronto, ON
May 2013 – August 2014
- I was responsible for the management and performance of at least 15 websites for a variety of businesses billed at roughly $7000-$10’000 monthly in total for SEO. This was in addition to 40 microsites for the agents of large insurance and financial services companies billed at at least $12’000 monthly in total for a combined pay per click advertising and local SEO product.
- My primary responsibilities included setting up client accounts in a custom software solution, creating a work plan, keyword research, on-site optimization, link building, Google My Business (Google+ Local, Google Places for Business) account optimization and management, writing detailed notes, tracking results, measuring success, and monthly reporting.
- 2 out of the 28+ positive reviews left on the company’s Google+ page can be attributed to my execution of the primary responsibilities above. This, of course, is in addition to my cohesion with the citation building, customer service, sales and management teams to deliver a sound product.
- Advanced Web Analytics Certification, 2018, Simplilearn
- SEO Certification, 2017, Online Marketing Institute
- SEO Certification, 2015, Market Motive
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification, 2013 – 2020, Google Inc.
- Strategic Planning, Keyword Research, SEO Audits, Content Strategy, Content Marketing, Link Building, Competitive Analysis Tools, Performance (Site Speed) Optimization, Tracking, Reporting
- Web Analytics, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics (Omniture, SiteCatalyst), Google Search Console, Bing Webmaster Tools, Yandex, Google Tag Manager, Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool, Ahrefs, Moz, Majestic, DeepCrawl, seoClarity, SEMrush, keywordtool.io, Keyword Discovery, Wordtracker, Google My Business (Google+), Bright Local, Raven Tools, BuzzStream, Advanced Web Ranking, Xenu’s Link Sleuth
- HTML, CSS, User Experience Design, Usability, Accessibility, Content Management Systems (CMS), WordPress, Magento, HTML Editors
- Google AdWords (Search, Display, Remarketing, YouTube, Shopping), AdWords Editor, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads/Yahoo! Bing Network, PPC/CPM Networks
- Writing, Editing, Proofreading, Communication, Teamwork, Critical Thinking, Scrum, Presentation, Organizational, Time Management, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Jira, Wrike, Asana, Basecamp, Slack
Bachelor of Business Administration, 2012, Acadia University, Wolfville, Nova Scotia
1st Prize ($5000), 2012
Acadia-Nicol Entrepreneurial Competition
Wrote a 40-page business plan for an online magazine concept targeted at a North American audience and presented the plan to a panel of judges. I also created a web traffic revenue model in Microsoft Excel from scratch which included a linear regression based on website visitors per month as the catalyst for financial forecasts. Winning the competition (best of 8 entries) demonstrated my digital marketing skills, success orientation, and positive attitude.